App high memory usage

nothing is active on my environment: my browsers are all quit, etc., but i am getting a warning that i have high memory utilization.
App High Memory Usage

• Environment : dev
  • Description : Warning your application has exceded the usual limits of Memory utlization, Current VALUE = 80%
  • At: 2023-11-24T15:56:21.691Z

interesting: i’m seeing lots of this, in the log, but AFAIK no one is using the server, because, AFAIK, the only people that even know about it are myself, and a few 4d staffers:

668126 2023-11-24T16:30:53.890 [4d-server.srvr] ERROR - [2] DoWrite: failed to write - sslError(6) (task=1084, socket=28, blocking=false, selectIO=true, SSL=true, peerAddr=, peerPort=-1, localAddr=::ffff:10.0.10.126, localPort=7443)

also lots of this:
668028 2023-11-24T16:30:29.554 [4d-server.POSX] ERROR - [107] Transport endpoint is not connected (task=1084, taskName=HTTP connection handler)

also looking like weird memory usage growth:
here’s the graph over the last couple of weeks. look at the bottom for the sawtooth:

restart server, memory back to 12.92%

for anyone else checking in on this, i received a message from the team saying they were already aware, and have been working on it.

3 Likes

Interesting. Got the same warning. Restarting the server didn’t help. Explicitly stopping it and then starting it again brought down memory usage from 83 % to 11 %.

over the weekend, i got a couple of warnings, in the middle of the night. my server experienced a memory race condition/memory runaway, hitting 81 and then 100% usage. at that point, it fell off a cliff, back to about 12%. i’m assuming there was some sort of auto-reboot, at that point.

just had this happen again, but now it’s for high disk usage (?!). recently (november/december), when this happened, the server seemed to reset itself. this time, it did not. it went offline, and i had to do it, manually.

• like the other times, i was not in qodly, when it happened. i believe it was 12+ hours later, this time.
  • just like previously, restart does not fix it. i had to stop the server and then start it. note that the development page says the server is online, but the overview page says it is offline:

annnnnnd…it just went offline, again. i just got it up, and fired up studio. studio was not loading, so i went back to the stats screen, to discover it was offline.
i have no idea now my disk space got maxed out. there’s barely anything in the project. unfortunately, i don’t see a good way to even try to do something about the disk space, if i remember, correctly, all we can do is use ftp to download files, not manage them, and if i can’t make the server run, i can’t even use file commands to do it that way.

so…i can’t keep the server running. as soon as i try to get into studio, it goes offline.
i was able to download the files, though, FWIW

Hello Mikey!

Thanks for your feedback, we are currently working on it!

1 Like