Studio Editor (Why does opening a form show already modified before any editor changes?)

Sometimes, a web form may indicate it’s modified even though I made no changes to the document.

I see a purple bullet following the form name.

After starting Studio, I opened the two web forms in the Studio editor immediately after the other. No changes have been made.

The following screenshot shows what I see.

The tabs for each form show:

1. No modification for the main form. (The purple bullet is absent.)
  2. Modifications for the home form. (The purple bullet is present.)

The Contextual Panel shows for each form:

1. No actions for the main form.
  2. Actions for the home form. The action is a On Load function event assigning a value to the web form’s data source. However, in the editor, no rendering takes place.

QUESTIONS

1. Why does the home web form tab show modifications when I have yet to modify it?

2. Does a web form opened in the Editor (not preview) run its On Load web event?

3. Do web forms show modifications when its On Load web form modifies its data source?

Hey Jeremy,

Thank you for your Feedback.

• Why does the home web form tab show modifications when I have yet to modify it?
    i will create a bug for this behaviour and i will let you know as soon as we fix it.

• Does a web form opened in the Editor (not preview) run its On Load web event?
    No the “On load” web event doesn’t run in editor mode.

• Do web forms show modifications when its On Load web form modifies its data source?
    No. Qodly only get the data when you click on “Preview in studio” or “Preview in a new tab”